View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
I remember when Sobeys wasn't even at the HSC - it was in West End Mall.
Actually Sobeys was always in the HSC up to a few years ago. The original Sobeys there was in the same spot but there was no parking structure in front of it.

Quote:
I remember when Bayers Road was a bustling mall and the old IGA, as I used to work there (and how we hated the talking cash registers and so we'd take every delight in breaking the speakers).
I remember those! I think that was the only place they were used locally. But I also remember when that was a Dominion store, and I remember it before it was expanded in the early 70s.

One of the odd things that sticks in your mind - I had a bit of a crush on a girl in high school, Debbie C., a nice kid, looked good, funny, smart, a bit of a jock. Nothing ever happened with us and i went to university and lost touch. A few years later I'm in the Dominion and I see her standing in line at the checkout. It was nice to see her again but I remember being shocked because she was now smoking! I never knew her as a smoker. Yes, back then you could smoke in a grocery store while you shopped. Unbelievable.