Thread: Found Detroit
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
This is seriously a badass view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy de la Sucre View Post
I can see that spot is in the middle of the city center and surrounded by tall buildings, somehow it doesn't get NYC or Chicago's metropolis vibe
You know it's interesting you mention this I actually thought something similar when I chose this pic, I definitely dig the view but the angle is very low making the skyline look squat or stunted. There were several other pics from the rooftop patio that with a more comprehensive view of the cityscape & skyline that I personally liked better unfortunately the photos were absolutely massive. One of my pet peeves on threads like these happens to be are random over sized pics with a small number caveats for top notch photography or panoramas 'n the like. I dug up the pic below to illustrate a better view of the merchants row neighborhood I wish it included a bit more of the financial district skyline but beggars can't be choosers. lol

Getting back to the point at hand IMO in and around the financial district Detroit gives me that gotham city NYC - Chi vibe. Obviously Detroit doesn't have the same size skyline just as Chicago's doesn't compare in size and scope to NYC I get the point your making though. A couple tall new towers in the center of downtown would help make for a better comparison too once the Hudsons & Monroe block developments are completed in a couple years Detroit's dense deco filled heart will be vibin' properly.

[/QUOTE]
https://detroit.eater.com/2019/9/4/2...ning-fall-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
^ Those are all amazing pics.

Great finds.
The kudos is always appreciated

Detroit doesn't seem to have the same kind of tourist driven professional photographic scene that many of its peers do a lot of the time i'll be surfing through development photos of a project i'm interested in then all of a sudden a completely different set will pop up i'll find myself pulling on that thread and end up surprising myself with what I come up with. haha

Eastside skyline from Harbor Town

trulia

Hannah J Hoppough , Alexander Real Estate Detroit

Saverio Montalto

Realcomp

Elton Park, Corktown

Forrent

Elton Park & Tiger Town

Forrent

Forrent

Elton Park.com

At first this development seemed to me like it was too disconnected from the rest of the neighborhood but once you get down to street level and explore a bit the blending isn't too bad at all for phase one.

Elton Park.com

Elton Park.com

Elton Park.com

Elton Park.com

Elton Park.com

Elton Park.com

Elton Park.com

Says the pot to the kettle in a moment of self projection

Last edited by Docta_Love; Jan 28, 2020 at 11:57 PM.