View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 13, 2008, 6:21 PM
Cambridgite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
This is perhaps going to sound strange but this is what I think.

Countries outside of the Americas/Australia should only have systems of integration only. According to Mark Steyn in his book, America Alone, something like 50% or more of students in Dutch (Netherlands) schools are Muslim immigrants. What is that going to do to the Netherlands 50 years from now? Will it be indistinguishable from Morocco, Syria or Pakistan? Similar situations are occuring in France, Germany and the UK. I oppose multiculturalism of those countries. Europe could become nothing more than a continuation of the Middle East.

I more openly support multiculturalism in Canada and the United States because these countries were built by people from all places. I don't find it to be a shame if one day old-stock English-Canadian constitute a small portion of the population. However I do find it would be a shame if the English in England are no longer a majority in their own country. It would be the same thing as what's happening in Tibet, the Tibetans are being outnumbered in their own area by Han Chinese.
Wow, your opinion is very similar to mine.

Bigot.

In all seriousness though, the only difference I would make in that is that Europe should not be focusing on immigration AT ALL to grow its population, but rather stabilizing it through incentives to increase the birth rate.

As for North America and Australia, I agree with your point. I have no problems with these places being multi-ethnic and multi-racial. However, I do think that there are certain characteristics about our countries that make us desirable to immigrants in the first place and we should strive to preserve those. We also need a certain degree of conformity (ie. language and laws) just to run our country effectively.