View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
I think some on this board have incredibly different views on what constitutes "safe."

I completely agree that this intersection is fine. Calling it "ground zero" for violence in Philly is absurd. Generally speaking, more people = more safety and it's bustling with people here, plenty of healthy businesses.

I think this project will be a great success.
One thing people need to accept is that the appearance of the neighborhood is barely linked with safety at this point- people are getting robbed or carjacked in places like center city, fishtown, brewerytown, the NE, etc. So things can happen almost anywhere in this city, its not confined to areas that simply look bad. Just saw story on fox29 about a guy who tried to attack and steal a bike from another guy in Old City. And there was the recent article about rampant bike theft in the city. Stuff is happening all over. Broad and Erie isnt likely more dangerous than any other major intersection in North or West Philly. There just isnt much around that location outside of Temple Hospital and Shriners, there isnt a lot of activity up there right now or much in the way of places to eat.