View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 2:23 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
wtf.........

the city has been working with them and did even bother to check if anything this show a large amount of incompitance at city hall
Why? No permits have been applied for and no construction documents have been made yet. The City has already said that you don't need to be an Architect to apply for a variance. When (and if) the time comes for them to apply for a building permit, the drawings will have to be stamped by a Architect registered with the Province of Manitoba. I would bet they are currently working with a local Architecture firm. So it is really a story about nothing.

It is wrong to claim to be an Architect if you are not but other than that, I believe that anyone can DESIGN anything. It just cant get built without a registered Architect and Engineer stamp.

If I recall, the Architect designing the Inuit Art Gallery addition is not registered in Manitoba. That is why they are working with a local firm - Cibinel. This is likely what is happening here.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York