View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2021, 10:25 AM
Illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
[...]Enabling searching of this data field would be too inefficient.

I am working on a long term project though which will give the capability to search by architect.
I can understand that in the way the architects data is handled right now it's too inefficient... But your long term project sounds exciting! Are you gonna update the way the database works or whats the deal with the long term project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemco View Post
I understand Dylan that searching by architects is heavy for database, and I think it is not necessary. But searching by use would be handy and wouldn't be heavy, especially by primary use, because inside database it will search only integer IDs of uses
I get your point technically but I don't get your point regarding the necessity. This is a database and diagram site about buildings where you can search for an illustrator of a drawing but not the architect of the building... where you can have buildings sorted by nations, cities, in chronological order by structural types, regardless of where they stand on this planet but not by the minds creating the building. It might be more difficult to realize because of the ID structure of the Database and it might not be the most requested feature, but I think it is at least as relevant as being able to search for primary uses (which also aren't always consistent on the site/don't always match up with reality just as the structural terminology).

But I guess we can all agree that a few more options to search the database and create diagrams could be nice...