View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I think they didn't come up with an alternate design because they assumed that the radome would be kept. Childs said himself, or was at least quoted saying so last month that he would stand ready to work with the PA on a new one in midst of major disspointment. I agree though that it was beyond stupid of them not to come up with an alternative design though when they had the chance, if they are working on one right now, then they will have enough time.

I also agree that it is silly to call it taller than Sears or the SWFC. I don't really care what the CTBUH says either, it is and always has been a ~1400 foot tower with a 400 foot pole, although the previous spire worked so well with the design.

And it's not like buildings haven't cheated in height before either.
Yeah, this is just a high profile building. Even if the CTBUH says it doesn't count, you know that their site will say tallest building in America, and they will say 1776 feet. Then on the other hand the Sears will continue to say tallest building in America. Should be interesting. Either way, anyone that possesses some level of intelligence and isn't biased can tell which buildings are clearly taller.