View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 8:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
I just think there needs to be a reasonable bar that must be exceeded to justify this type of facadectomy - both from the standpoint of public policy - and in terms of justified for a developer to weigh that option privately. This building is just not good enough to justify it. I don't think it's bad, but it would need to be better than not bad - or "old", or "pedestrian scaled".

It could be though that what needs to be done as part of the entitlement process is to incorporate a design review (I know, I know, Chicago doesn't do stuff like that......though who knows, maybe under the Lightfoot admin., the new DPD commissioner will push for instituting something) that would ensure a human-scaled design at street level (clearly this doesn't mean faux oldey-time Lagrange trash design, mind you).
Well said, Sam. What you're saying is really what I'm interested in. I'm not arguing for 4 story buildings throughout the loop. It just seems pretty clear to me that the ground level of 300 will not be inviting at all. At least with a facadectomy, you could beautify the ground level and make an inviting space.