View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 5:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleu1117 View Post
It's crazy that BK Queens and JC all have a 900+ ft tower(s) in development. The rivers will feel like canyons. And the area will feel like a city from fiction, like Gotham or Metropolis, with never ending skylines. Lower Manhattan, Midtown, Hudson Yards, Downtown Brooklyn, Jersey City, Long Island City. The islands, and rivers, and bridges, and towers will really create an amazing sight.
Somebody a while back mentioned NYC and its proxies becoming a polarized Shenzhen and I'm starting to believe it ( terms of the skyline being fragmented due to all of the little skyscraper hubs popping up). I forget who mentioned it, but with super talls and near 300m towers in the pipeline all over, Manhattan is no longer the sole concentration of skyscrapers.

Now we just have to get Newark in the game. With JC, once the area around Journal Square fully develops, it itself will be a mini LIC. I kinda view LIC as an extension of Midtown East. The march Eastward continues!

In terms of canyons along the river, the Bronx and portions of upper Queens bordering the East river are going to transform. Lots of large scale developments in the works. Mostly in the 300-400 foot range, encompassing numerous towers, but its still way better than the empty lots that they will replace.