View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 3:55 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
do you think that if black rock were to move into SY, it would create any kind of pressure on vanguard to move into the city? I know they always say they would never leave malvern, but never say never...
I think Vangaurd is firm with Malvern for the foreseeable future.

Hypothetical: If Block Rock announced a move to SY in 2023, then I think Vanguard would double down on their CC presence (research center or whatever they called it), but as long as the execs live on the Main Line, that is where most operations will stay.

But I am generally fine with that. The suburbs are still the Philadelphia region, and thankfully our burbs are an economic powerhouse. Yes, I would love to see more of those large companies actually in the city, but playing musical chairs doesn't provide many benefits for the region, besides closer proximity to the University City and 30th Street Station.

Luring Black Rock or other similar firms into the city is a different story, and would solidify Philadelphia as a financial hub. Increasing venture capital and catering to our life sciences and incubator hubs will benefit the region too.