View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper316 View Post
Can someone please explain this to me? We all know that this province sucks at building quality highways and highway maintenance isn't the best either. Lack of cat's eyes reflectors and rumble strips piss poor short-lasting paint on the lane lines etc. Now the rebuilt Sea to Sky, of course, doesn't have cat's eyes but the rebuild sections do have rumble strips on the right shoulders.

Driving along the highway recently I couldn't help but shake my head. Even though the pavement quality is still good after not even 10 years of the rebuild they decided to repave sections recently. Now new asphalt is a fine and dandy as long as you don't mess with the little safety features our crappy highways have. Some pea-brained moron thought it was a good idea to pave over the rumble strips. I couldn't believe it. Seriously who's the idiot that approved that and why? So they took away one safety feature and couldn't even bother putting in a new one like cat's eyes.

I just can't believe they did that. Great job highway maintenance crews.
Theres lots of rumble strips on our main highways here in the south-east but paving over rumble strips doesnt make sense unless theyre gonna re-rumble them.