View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2009, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
I hate to sound selfish, but I wish you didn't have to move

In contrast to your Hamilton work, what you've shown of Ottawa seems a bit underwhelming, and on the tame side. And now, we have zero Hamilton photographers, whereas we've always had a few Ottawa photographers..

Oh, and this thread? Pure sex.
You won't find too much grit in Ottawa, and to say it's on the tame side would be an understatment. But I have some pretty good Ottawa threads coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Strange place for American tourists
Hamilton could compete pound for pound with any midwestern US city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREKI View Post
Scary pics!

( what happened? )
Some people blame the automobile, suburbanization, the one way street system, or the removal of streetcars and trolleys. Those are all contributing factors but the number one reason is the loss of tens of thousands of blue collar jobs over the past few decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
Great stuff and outstanding photography. I like it when you explore the gritteir side of Hamilton. You're not too far Montreal now so it would be cool to see your take on Montreal too.
Only two hours away, but I barely even have time for photos in Ottawa these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgasm View Post
Excellent photos. Hamilton has soul. What is the metro population? It looks it was built to be a pretty big city.
Hamilton is a little big city. It has many of the attributes of a big city, mainly because about 40% of the metro area, and almost all of Hamilton proper, were built before 1950. The city pop is 504,000 and the official metro is 731,500 but it depends how you look at it. Hamilton and Toronto form one continuous urban area of around 6 million people. There are around 2 million within about a half hour of downtown Hamilton, which is why people keep trying to get an NHL team in the city.