View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 2:50 PM

in addition to the points already made, I think pandemic-resistant buildings end up being closely aligned with trends already starting with open office space based on innovation and collaboration vs the isolated cubical setup. The larger, open space with a decrease in contact points also helps with sick building syndrome, which has been a talking point for a while, as well as the psychological well-being of people in the workspace.

Personally, while trophy towers and supertalls are always fun, I'm a lot more interested in the density and activity that developments bring to the street-level and immediate area. There are plenty of examples of high-rises that end up feeling kind of desolate at street-level. Low-rise developments seem to focus a little more on this, maybe as a way to stand out over competition. Also, the note in the article on the overuse of glass is interesting. I'm really hoping to seem some more heavy timber or CLT used as a material. A lot of the examples I've seen of it have give off a warm, welcoming feeling I guess due to the natural/earthy material use.