View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I doesn't show for me. Also doesn't show traffic on the new legs.
It’s essentially “pencilled-in” - many of the interchanges haven’t been included (just two roads crossing... no ramps, loops, etc), so there’s no way Google could route you onto the Bypass from Hwy6, for example.

Apple Maps has some of the interchanges... but in several cases, they don’t appear to actually connect to the Bypass. Likely old data that has been there during construction.

Google-owned Waze is more accurate (it allows crowdsourced updates to its maps), but still needs quite a bit of work before it’ll be useful for routing traffic accurately.

EDIT: Waze does route me to Saskatoon & Winnipeg via the Bypass (with an Albert Park starting point). Interestingly, none of the alternate routes suggested involve the “traditional” routing - via Lewvan (Stoon) or Ring Road/Vic Ave (Wpg).

EDIT2: my Garmin (no network connectivity) had an update waiting for it yesterday. After the update all of the Bypass interchanges appear... Garmin seems to have the most accurate/complete renders of the maps I’ve mentioned here... BUUUUT... I couldn’t force the device to route me via the Bypass, even when it was clearly the best option. Strangely, when you’re following a route, if you zoom out, the Bypass doesn’t show at all - all the other major & secondary roads do, though. Work to go with Garmin’s maps.

Last edited by Drofmab; Nov 9, 2019 at 2:52 PM.