View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 6:16 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny☼LA View Post
ER said he wanted to get inside - totally worth it! Now known as the MacArthur Park Recreation Center, the old Westlake Signal Office is a popular place these days with its own Zumba and aerobics schedule.

I didn't think the room would be recognizable but it was pretty obvious when I found the gym.

Great space with big arched windows overlooking the park on the wall to the left of the photographer of the vintage photo.

It's been reconfigured a bit, I think - as I'm not sure how the walls jibe with where I was standing. Behind me is a glassed-in desk like a roller rink and next to that is a hallway so it's pretty different from the wall of windows in the old picture. Or it's an adjacent room with the same ceiling that I couldn't access but I doubt there was enough room for that in there.

All photos by me

Excuse some of the image quality as I'm always playing with old film and older cameras.

I have so many of these from around town on my Flickr page and waiting to be developed - if people are interested, I can post more. This thread is totally invaluable for subject matter while I fumble with vintage cameras. Obscure landmarks and idiosyncratic mechanisms are a fun combination. I'm amazed I get anything back sometimes.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30811353@N04/
Dang, Sonny, your flickr page is AMAZING!