View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 17, 2009, 9:23 AM
BANNED

That is easily the best skyline shot of Thunder Bay i've ever seen. For a city of about 120,000 people it is a sad state of affairs there. Were it not for that 16-story apartment building I doubt you'd have a hundred footer in the whole city. Brandon Manitoba has a better skyline with a third the population of T-Bay. Dare I even mention Yellowknife? Vid's addiction to this site is so ironic. I am curious though what that futuristic-looking building (I can't believe I am talking about Thunder Bay while using the term "futuristic-looking building"!) just to the left of the golden arches? Whatever it is, it's kinda cool looking.

Metro-One, since sparky didn't clarify what he mean't by "city" (he still hasn't), I decided to provide a logical explanation of why only metro areas should be considered. Sorry I wasn't more timid about it.

Some of you criticized Sarnia's skyline but i'd say for a city of only ~75,000 it's pretty impressive. It has 20 buildings 10+ stories. In fact, i'd say that's very impressive for a city that size.

Someone mentioned Nanaimo (metro population 92,000), so here it is courtesy of, "The Great Scaper":

Last edited by Phil McAvity; Jan 17, 2009 at 9:46 AM.