View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 4:04 AM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta_Love View Post
...I'm not sure how many people have even heard of Flint, Saginaw, Bay City & Midland referred to as the Quad-Cities but if there is an area that I'd like to see here or in the Midwest section it would be the Tri-Cities or a combined Mid-Mich Quad-Cities page.
There actually is / was a Bay City thread under the midwest regional section. I just posted on there this weekend, with the intent of reviving it (there's been no activity on it in over 4 years), or better yet, doing exactly what you described, and starting a new thread devoted entirely to the greater MSB region area.

And I would second the interest in a northern MI or UP thread, though I would like it if someone closer to all of that could head it up (and I don't think there is anyone, at least not any active members).

SSC does currently have a Marquette-based thread with good updates from time to time, so I usually just look there for UP developments. And there's certainly a lot happening in the Grand Traverse Bay - Petoskey - Charlevoix area as well to perhaps justify a thread. I would definitely think all of those are appropriate for the Midwest section, much like the tiny West Michigan thread that I started a few months back.

Threads placed in the Midwest section will generally get less views than if they are under the general 'city compilations' section, but will probably get better attention from those who actually care about what's going on. The Midwest section in general is kinda weak right now imo, and I would love to see it be more activated. I don't think I would mind that much if all of the Michigan city development threads were migrated over to the regional section. But I usually just navigate around using my subscription folders anyway.

Last edited by deja vu; Apr 24, 2018 at 4:18 AM.