View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 3:58 PM

There is a lot of planning that goes into adding to the cycling infrastructure, and some of the choices I don't agree with but the bikeway system in Edmonton is coming along quite nicely. I work beside one of the main routes into downtown and can say is is heavily used not only during the work week but on the weekends as well. The use of the lanes is also increasing in the winter months since the city maintains clearing on them. Any Time I can remove myself from the auto lanes is a benefit to both me and drivers. when I do ride in I have about a 17km ride in from ST Albert. I used to have to take the main road in and would use the service roads or residential streets to avoid the traffic. Now there are easier routes out of North Edmonton that the developers have made. I can take the same amount of time now to ride as I take to drive.

I also like that the city is working with the Mountain Bike community do develop a very extensive trail system in the city.

The rule N+1 for bikes is definite a requirement here.

I'm currently at 5.5.