View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 26, 2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post

Are you sure the Christmas tree pics were in Julius Shulman's house? Some of the other shots are probably from his home.
The descriptions with the Shulman pictures are usually brief, but generally accurate. There's no mention of any other locations, so I took it for granted that all the photos in the set were from the same place. The brick fireplace in one of the smaller images matches other pictures of the Shulman house, but I'll concede that it looks like one or more of the photos may have been taken elsewhere.

Unsurprisingly, Mr Shulman took many pictures of his own house, so I'll try and put together a selection of them in the near future.

----------------

The description for this Julius Shulman set says that this is the Richard Neutra designed Jardinette Apartments at 5128 West Marathon Street. It's "Job 780: Jardinette Apartments (Los Angeles, Calif.), 1950".

Both from Getty Research Institute

I can be pretty sure that the location in this description is correct, because the apartments are still standing. Maybe it's time for a repaint, as they look a lot smarter in the old GSV images.

GSV

The first Shulman picture was taken from the side of these apartments at 5123 Marathon Street. According to redfin.com they were built in 1925. A bit of the Jardinette Apartments can be seen at the left.

www.redfin.com