View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
Curious question: Why not renumber Highway 21 as Highway 26 southwest of Springmount?
Or Vice Versa?

Alot of these changes could be considered, like even Highway 23 and 89 are virtually the same roadway and could be the same number.

Post 1997-1998, when the highway network was split up and downloaded in so many ways, there really haven't been any major changes. A few were done in 2003, such as renaming a short portion of 89 as 23, and 86 was renumbered to 85, but other than that, that highway network hasn't changed too much.

One of my wishes is that largely the pre 1997 network is re-signed, with some logical changes made as often the county road network (southern ontario) is constructed to the same design spec as the provinical highways were and are (2-lane rural highways). I don't really care who maintains the road, but wayfinding and highway route signage should be for directions and connections for motorists and users to travel one way or another. I know with Google Maps and GPS, reliance on street names and route numbers isn't as significant as before, but still, a properly signed network would be valuable.