Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 2:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Finally some news...

https://nypost.com/2020/01/15/2-worl...foster-design/

2 World Trade Center getting revamped Norman Foster design

By Steve Cuozzo
January 15, 2020

Quote:
... now that BIG’s quirky tower of stacked boxes has no takers, the old Foster design is being “significantly modified to be more reflective of contemporary needs and taste,” Silverstein says. (No rendering is available yet as it’s still a work in progress.)

Silverstein hit the pause button after that to concentrate on leasing up the other towers. But now he’s itching to hit the launch button for Tower Two — although not without first filling the rest of Three World Trade Center.

"The important thing now is to lease up Tower Three,” he says. “I don’t think it’s going to be long to start focusing on Tower Two.”

Did that mean he wants Tower Three to be fully leased first? “Yes, it’s fair to say that,” he says.

Silverstein is also vying to build a rental apartment tower at the World Trade Center’s Site 5, south of Liberty Street, in partnership with Brookfield. But “what’s closest to my heart is Tower Two,” he adds.

“With the level of lease-up activity at Tower Three, my hunch is it won’t be terribly long before an announcement comes up with respect to Tower Two,” he says. “Sometime in 2020, [a fully leased] Tower Three should be a fait accompli.”

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Jan 16, 2020 at 2:38 PM.