View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
I would like to see the Feds develop a "National Highway Strategy" and identify key routes (E-W & N-S) that are vital to the nation. I'm not talking a tonne of highways, just the most important ones. Then (of course) I would like the Feds to provide some substantial funding to improve these key routes and bring them up to a consistent standard. And yes I would like to see the routes with consistant numbering and signage - I'm quite happy with the green mapleleaf motif BTW.
I could go on but that is the basis of my wishes - lets catch up to the 20th century at least

Just one example of my frustration is the twinning to be completed in Banff which has been on the books for years and is a deadly stretch. There is only about 36 kms remaining to twin IIRC and they finally announced it would be done about 5 years ago. Of course they break it into 3 phases and only provide funding for 10kms. Then even this phase gets scaled back to 6kms. They have since added a little more $$ to the pot to get it up to 9kms. For God's sake bite the bullet and finish it already - IT'S ONLY 36 KMS. sorry I'm ranting again. It really isn't a large sum of money when you see the amounts they spend on much more frivolous projects and the amount they collect in gas taxes.
OK - I'm done.

Also just wanted to say thanks to "mininari for starting the thread as I'm very interested to see what is happening with the TCH accross the country.
Thanks! I'm glad I did because there has been some interesting things posted in here.