View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstoner View Post
I know everyone is thrilled to have another tall/significant tower built in this area for lots of reasons (though for most, I suspect we had you at "tall" ), but I wonder what people think of this as a quality, distinctive design. While not an eyesore by any stretch, it also doesn't seem to do anything to add luster to Chicago's architectural reputation. The flaring of the tower is pretty timid and the curves very subtle. Not a typical glass box, but a glass box nonetheless and nothing to write home about. Is that a fair assessment (and I'm not trying to be a downer--eager to be educated on why this is banana-worthy)?
Yeah, your take is more or less the tldr of the last several years of discussions on this forum regarding the design.

I feel mostly the same, however I feel this will be one of those designs that will turn out better in person than the renderings - which I think was also the case with NEMA. It's going to make a big impact from the west too and that vantage is not really shown in renderings.

Last edited by rivernorthlurker; Dec 10, 2021 at 8:10 PM.