View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2011, 8:07 PM

Hello...and thanks!

I stumbled across this forum more than a month ago...can't remember what I was searching for at the time...and I have slowly been working my way through it all from page one. Today I've finally caught up. What an absolutely amazing set of photos and discussions! Reading a few pages at a time has been the highlight of my day over the past month, and I'm actually a little sad that I've reached the end. I think I'll go back and read it all again. In fact, there are a couple of vintage photos I want to respond to later with updated photos, assuming I can find time to go out and take some photos.

I'm attaching some frame grabs from the decidedly un-noirish 1932 Paramount film "If I Had a Million." Nearly all of the W.C. Fields/Alison Skipworth section was filmed on the streets of Los Angeles. (Fields is seeking vengeance on "road hogs" with a fleet of used cars he's just purchased.) I know this is a long shot, but can anyone identify any of the streets or neighborhoods shown?

The next two photos are from the same shot as the camera pans from left to right. I can't quite make out the street name.