View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2009, 6:54 PM

Hi All

I'm new here, and I live in Charlottetown. I'm an avid construction buff and I have experience in architectural technology.
I have an update on the Fitzroy St. development, and I will post a picture once the windy weather subsides. They just started the building last Monday and are working on the 6th floor on one half of the building already. They must be working on one half at a time because they haven't a lot of room to work. They had to close the street so to bring the steel in and to run the crane.
I've been watching the development on web cam here: http://www.gov.pe.ca/islandcam/camera1.php3
It's not a frontal view and is taken from the Province House facing north up University Avenue. The construction can be seen and crane activity on the right hand side of the image, just right of the National Bank building. Not much to see but as the building works it way to full scale and the upper floors are added the frame will come into better view. I was watching it yesterday, and the crane was vigorously moving back and forth.
I will post some pictures like I said.
I'm glad to be on board, and I will provide updates as time goes on.

Cheers
Brian