View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2019, 4:47 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
I didn’t even know that you and I were arguing?
I disagree with you that the map showing that Thunder Bay is located in a forest zone which includes species like hemlock and oak is the correct one when I know, on account of actually living here, that none of those species are common here. The region is dominated by poplar/aspen, birch, tamarack/larch, red maple, pine, and spruce. This map, a different version of the one you insist is correct, says we should have a different collection of tree species than we presently do.

But I'm not a scientist. Maybe I've misidentified the trees all these years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
There are no natural hemlocks trees in Northwestern Ontario. I checked my tree books as well.

In the Northeast, I've seen them as far North as about Tilden Lake (North of North Bay) on Hwy 11. It's these ones right here: https://goo.gl/maps/TNi8HZFB5vG2

And the furthest North in the Northeast I've seen them is by Lake Superior along Hwy 17. I can't remember the exact location but I think it was somewhere between Montreal River Harbour and Pancake Bay.
Forest zones just means they're possible here, not that they're actually present!