View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2012, 5:12 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Humm, I'm torn. If its self-supporting, great. Compared to Oregon or OSU which have about a hundred year head start, they'll need a lot of luck and time to become successful and self-supporting. I have to say that this sounds pie-in-the-sky considering that:

A) PSU has no sugar-daddies

B) The PSU Vikings suck AND are very minor league

C) a multi-purpose facility would do nothing to further academics

D) PSU has a HUGE demand for office, lab, classroom, meeting, and every other type of academic space that you can imagine - and these aren't getting built

E) they have no funding sources

...otherwise, its great. From an urban perspective, I think that a sports stadium for PSU would be a good thing. I generally think downtown stadiums are bad, but since that lot is a complete dead-end downtown (as its backed into the freeway loop), anything would be an improvement from the dead space that the now-mostly empty Stott Center is.

What really irritates me is that I get bombarded by PSU's marketing program to solicit money from alumns - daily phone calls, emails, brochures, they even ask their temp contractors to donate a % of your paycheck to "help out" the university. Grrrr. Now I know where they want the money to go!

>

Last edited by zilfondel; May 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM.