View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2011, 2:54 PM

I know the east is known for its slow pace of life - but really...come on people

For the life of the cities - grow up...literally. "If you're not willing to use it, maintain it ,clean it up, grow it,think or talk about it- you'll lose it." Any person coming back to the Metro area after a few years or more has got to shake their head & wonder why more (I take that back) SOME / ANY, reasonable thought, action , development hasn't yet in much capacity reached the east, in particular Metro & Dartmouth. We have the opportunity to beautify, be progressive instead of reactionary- instead I hear whining and see fear factor paralysis and read misinformation that is purposely put out there to confuse the masses because the average person doesn't take the time to "think, research, learn and enlarge their understanding ". It is ludicrous that broken down, eyesore buildings, burnt out bldgs, bulldozed lots - to name a few- remain undeveloped or improved due to "bottiellage"- bottlenecks in development processes that uphold "old thought processes" of "not here".

These communities are likely the same ones complaining, demanding in "woo is me" voices that have "I want " lists for side walks, keep my school open and improve it, get the crime out of my neighborhood . These ques. need to be developed one step further-- what is required to have these concerns met.... increased density, increased tax base, increase in businesses, revitalized areas that provide housing of all types to facilitate demographics and lifestyles. This hasn't got a snowball of a chance without some change and growth in development...Gosh, why don't they teach these basics in school??
In other cities these run down ,or vacant properties are snapped up by the savy thinkers, doers and developers who put vitality back into the areas and cities making people want to come there, live there and grow a thriving community .