View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
The highrise looks very generic - I wouldn't be surprised if the design changed a lot, just like King's Wharf. Even if this is the final product, however, I don't think it would be bad because there is nothing else like this in Dartmouth. It is good to have distinctive buildings but not every building needs to be distinctive.

The tower will also look kind of hilarious next to the dumpy suburban development next door.

The Ochterloney building looks distorted and nightmarish.

I wonder what the effect of cutting off traffic between Pine St and Prince Albert Road would be? Usually that kind of thing is bad (and unnecessary) but I don't know much about traffic patterns in downtown Dartmouth.
How far along is this development? Is it something that would start up soon if approved?
It would cut off a short-cut for traffic, but would not make really much of a difference for most traffic. There are lots of one-ways in that area, which makes getting around interesting. Most traffic would now go from Prince Albert to Victoria, or Victoria to Maple, and avoid pine st; not a bad thing.
The height for this proposal is the main issue; there are limits to height for that area. Anything next to the greenvale should not hover over it.
Greenvale is looking good with most of the landscaping almost finished.
The footprint for the Ochterloney building is far too large.