View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2007, 1:34 AM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnland View Post
What part of Houston is this? I know it's not downtown..that's pretty recognizable. This thread has really opened my eyes to the sheer enormity of this city. It's absolutley amazing. I had no idea there were highrise districts scattered around the metro. But one question, do you Houstonians find the driving to be daunting?
It's pretty much in the center of Greenway Plaza, just inside the southwest corner of the loop looking out toward the Uptown/Galleria skyline which is just outside the loop. What you can't see are the skylines of Westchase, Greenspoint, The Medical Center, Downtown and in a few other locales near where this shot was taken. I think the far horizon is actually the buildings of the Energy Corridor (Specifically Westlake Park, near the intersection of I-10 & TX-6) which is starting to grow a skyline of it's own as of late.

Driving isn't really a big deal at this point. It's just... eh. Considering I have to commute a fair distance in either place I live (Southern Maine or Greater Houston), I'm just nonplussed on the issue.

Also, based on where construction is on Memorial Hermann's Memorial City area tower, it looks like they may be starting work on the much-discussed crown. The bottom of it anyway. I took the shot earlier this morning...