View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlaker View Post
Update: It is still there! Olsons. http://www.yelp.com/biz/olsons-scand...en-los-angeles

I may have to make a weekend trip (but not for Lutfisk!)
Silverlaker you just hit home hardcore,i lived about 6 houses away from Olsens...my grandmother who was half Irish would shop at Olsens when she first moved to 1436 S Spaulding in 1963,when my dad bought 1442 in 1976,Olsens was THE place to buy cheese,ham and liverwurst! When i was 6 my parents watched as i walked to the corner of Pico and Spaulding where Mr Olsen took my hand and walked me to the store where i bought my first of many sandwiches...You havent lived til you had a Olsen Sandwich,he weighs about half a lb of meat,3 slices of cheese and a pickle...every time i would go in he would make me try some weird cheese or a foreign soda ...we had a tab there. Mr Olsen is still alive and well(bad hearing though) he sold the place to some younger guys who when i went in in aug didnt know a thing about selling sandwiches and told me to come back later when they have the supplies to do so.Mr Olsen took pride in his little shop...Im sorry for being long winded but Olsens was the best and is just a great childhood memory thats still around.

Last edited by unihikid; Jan 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM. Reason: spelling