View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2010, 5:30 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter View Post
Polls done that ask regular people, not the close minded university set, indicate that it is not the "modern" buildings that people love.
Yes, close-minded is exactly the term that comes to mind when I think of a university and university education... Especially when it comes of U of C, I mean its not like they are world renowned for regularly inventing completely new fields of study or anything... Seriously? Isn't it more "close minded" to only appreciate traditional forms of architecture and automatically write off any new styles as rubbish? Last time I checked the very nature of the battle between "Modern" styles when they first came about (see Louis Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright and how they were written off by the establishment for years) and traditional styles was that traditionalists couldn't accept that anything other than European traditions could make for good design...

What a ridiculous statement, Universities are close-minded... Right, I'm sure Sarah Palin's very open minded, "real 'Merican" supporters agree with you...