View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 7, 2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolch View Post
So I was wonder where some of you like to go when your looking for an upscale, chill place with a great mixologist to have a drink. There was two places I went to this week that I thought were fantastic. The first was Drumbar on the 18th floor of the Raffaello Hotel. Very nice environement, superb drinks, and very nice rooftop patio (the last few days were mild, so they had the roof open). The second place was Three Dots and a Dash. When I heard it was a Tiki bar, I was a bit skeptical. But honestly, it was not cheesy in the least. Relatively upscale environment, great drinks, great place to hang out with friends. I also went to Untitled, and while I think it has it's own sort of appeal, I wasn't necessarily blown away.
If I want to stay near the office for a nightcap on my way home, I go to Sable Kitchen (Mike Ryan).

I personally enjoy venturing to establishments in the neighborhoods:
Tiny Lounge (Lincoln Square)
The Barrelhouse Flat (Lincoln Park)
Ada Street (Lincoln Park)
Maria's Packaged Goods (Bridgeport)

Logan Square is perfect for a cocktail lounge crawl:
The Whistler (where Paul McGee from Three Dots and a Dash made his name)
Scofflaw
Longman & Eagle
Billy Sunday

However, my all-time favorite place is Bar Deville (Ukrainian Village). The place does not have a list, but Brad Bolt is a master of the craft. He is frequently featured in publications for mixology. Danny Wirtz, son of Rocky Wirtz (Blackhawks, Wirtz Beverage), lives nearby and shows up on occasion.