View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 17, 2012, 5:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
I pulled this thread up on my iPhone and started reading the comment without seeing by whom it was posted. I immediately thought it must be from pesto and sure enough it is. Same old same old...
I'll take that as a compliment, since I assume you mean same old shooting holes the size of a truck into the HSR arguments.

If not, what part is not accurate? That HSR has been sent back to make revisions 2 times by the Dem. controlled Ca. legislature? That LA-Bay highways and air routes are extensive, modern and uncongested, and take you directly to where you're going, not to wherever the tracks go? That either of these modalities just beats the hell out of HSR price and time-wise? That 100B is the cost? That a vote taken today would vote down HSR by a ton (the HSR supporters breathed a huge sigh of relief when the initiative didn't have time to get on the ballot)?

Or, conversely, that I am a strong supporter of train: on the Bos-NY-DC and related routes; in much of Europe (centralized cities and closer distances between cities); and in the 3rd world (slower times offset by lower costs). But transit is place specific and makes much less sense between LA and the Bay and I need a stronger argument before springing for 100B.