Thread: CFL 2020 Season
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Who will own the Alouettes will it be Stephen Bronfman or will it be the Lenkov Bros partnering with Claridge/Boivin group?

Halifax stadium: Do they decide to build a new stadium or is the dream of an Atlantic franchise done like Eaton's and Blockbuster video?
Just to avoid any confusion, Stephen Bronfman is the Claridge Group.

The Halifax stadium could go either way. The vote to kill it by council, before it was evaluated, seemed to jump start support. Oddly enough, on call in shows the supporters definitely seem to outnumber the naysayers which I find unusual, because usually people who support things don't feel they have to be vocal, and bitchers, well, just wanna bitch.

The vote to kill it prematurely was too close, but even the guy who spearheaded it seemed more open to the 12k stadium approach as did councilors on a call in show I heard. Now whether they are acting openly and positively to the idea in public and then will do the nasty when the bullets start flying I don't know.

I know they are catching flack because this has been floating around a long time (their inability to do this) regardless whether a CFL team is there or not.

Sport Nova Scotia had several stakeholders at Randy Ambrosie's Halifax get together (start at 38:00): Football NS, Rugby NS, Soccer NS, Canadian Sports Centre Atlantic, all had their reps there.

Sport NS said they would be able to program the facility for everyday there wasn't a CFL event or concert.

If this fails again, it isn't a CFL failure, it is a total failure of Halifax and the province to provide for the groups above (yet again).