View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 2:21 PM

^^^ He's not even doing a good job of being arrogant. If you were sufficiently arrogant you would believe that your parents must have done an amazing job since they produced something as awesome as you and therefore you should let them help raise your kids as much as possible.

That's how I feel, the older I get the more I appreciate just how special my parents are. I want to hurry up and have kids just so they can rub off on whatever little brats I churn out as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
10023 is just mad because his grandparents loved his siblings or cousins more than him.
He's just mad Grannie passed him over on the inheritance for being a little brat. Now he needs to sit in the office to get his millions.

Given his attitude towards mom and dad he might be disinherited yet again, poor guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
If you view spending time with your family as "a problem", then that kinda says it all right there.

I feel truly blessed to have a family that I truly do love and that I am truly loved by.

I don't view that as "a problem", rather it is my foundation.

I would trade it for nothing in this universe.
Bingo, the only thing about my family that is starting to grate on me is that I find they have gradually displaced "friends" as the main social network of my life especially now that I'm married. My wife and I both have gigantic extended (and her immediate) families. We spend so much time visiting cousins and aunts and uncles and great aunts and uncles that it eats into our social time for friends.

Then again I would rather spend a summer weekend booze cruising on the river with my 84 year old grandma and my 70 something great aunt and uncle than sucking down $14 cocktails at a bar in Chicago. Not only is it more fun with better scenery, but the conversation with old people is wayyyyy better than with dipshit millennials in our peer group.

I suppose the social issue may change for us once we have a kid and it reaches school age putting us in touch with other parents though. Late twenties and early thirties is a bit lonely with no kids.