View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2009, 7:30 PM
Chuggernaught

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake10 View Post
Sweden is not Canada. I drive the route from Winnipeg to Kenora all the time and some of the stuff I see amazes me. As you pass into Manitoba and approach the divided highway section from the East, despite being signposted, I've often seen drivers who can't wait the extra 2 minutes and must find a way to pass other vehicles 1 or 2 kms before the divided highway begins. These are cars with Manitoba plates so it's not as if they're unfamiliar with the highway. The road needs to be finished properly (twined).
Hmmm having a very brief look at their fines no wonder no one speeds up in Sweden too much!

http://www.roadmc.com/default.asp?pubid=15

I mean 1-10km/hr over and you're already at $250 Cdn equivalent!

Shorter regular intervals like 1.25km mentioned earlier might help curb the rush. Alot of our passing lanes have 2km warnings, but nothing when just coming out of a passing lane saying when the next passing lane is if it's more than 2km, then everyone's chomping at the bit to blow by.

2 minutes is a lot if you're driving an 8hr day. I mean say you do 99km/hr in a 90 zone (assuming no other factors like construction around), you'd be reasonably guaranteed not to be pulled over and shorten a Calgary to Vancouver trip for example by something like an hour!

I do get what you're saying, there are freaks who drive moronically fast then you lumber by them as they fill up for gas or get stuck behind a camper just 3km up the road - their risk has earned them nothing. But a good 10% over everything and not stopping for anything seems the fastest overall.

Last edited by AirGuitarChampion; Oct 7, 2009 at 7:41 PM.