View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2017, 8:59 AM

Do you mean the Academy Awards Theatre not the WGA?

I initially pooh-poohed the fact that google image search thought the period photo was a snow scene, but it certainly looks from the car tracks on the road they are tracking something around. Could it be sand or? Could it be snow? 1949? I don't know a lot about Pinterest, but it seems there isn't any way to contact a person who's posted something. They only had the location info, but no date.

Anyway, I had not heard about the late 70's shootout at the Carl's Market. (?) Sometime last week I veered onto a website that had some news film of a fire that demolished the market in 1959. (Same year as the recent fire pictures.) I thought I saved the link, but I've tried to find it in my history all day and can't, nor on any search engine. Why, I don't know. The fire, though, was pretty devastating, they must've rebuilt. The film footage had a crowd of people watching from across the street at the Beverly Terrace, still there.

(This website with film shorts/clips had many sundry clips of all sorts of things, sort of like the Producer's Guild Library does. Strange I can't locate it in my history.)