View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 12:58 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Well, you guys aren't going to like the latest scuttlebutt on this. The SF Business Times' Cory Weinberg, who seems to be pretty well connected, has some dirt:

Quote:
Sources say the strongest bid will likely come from Crescent Heights, which has built projects like Twitter-adjacent apartments Nema and Rincon Hill’s newest apartment tower Jasper. Developers like Lincoln Property Co., Urban Pacific Investors, Falcon Pacific Investors, Nan Fung Group and Dalian Wange Groups either put in bids or are exploring joint ventures.

-----------

The TJPA board meets next Thursday in closed session, after which a chosen developer could come to light. (The board could also take another meeting to decide.)

-----------

But this is what makes Crescent Heights the likely front runner: The developer already controls the land at 524 Howard, on the same block as Parcel F. It bought 524 Howard out of foreclosure in 2011 and proposed a 44-story skinny residential highrise in 2013. Plans are still undergoing environmental review.

Crescent Heights may be able to cobble together the parcels in between 524 Howard and Parcel F to create a much larger site – and get a financial partner like Dalian Wanda Group to help.
I don't like anything I'm reading here (except the Wanda part). I'd prefer to keep the more granular set of buildings that exist with two separate buildings filling in the gaps. And regardless of that, I am very afraid of what Crescent Heights might do for an encore after Jasper.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park