View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2020, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
I decided on the Keelson earlier this year and couldn’t be happier. The train really is a non issue. I can’t hear a thing here on one of the upper floors. The community is amazing. Also - regarding the build quality another person mentioned. I don’t know what they mean. The Keelson is built like an army bunker. You can’t hear a thing.

Regarding the secondary access, that will happen shortly. It will be above grade for pedestrians and emergency vehicles only. It only needs to be complete before occupancy of the 5th building. So they are free to commence construction now (just can’t be occupied until the secondary ramp is complete)
I tend to agree regarding quality. Maybe there were deficiencies with an earlier building or some other Fares building in the past and so this view persists. But anecdotally speaking, I’ve been in to see a few units in Aqua Vista and the construction looks very high quality to me. Still… it’s something people (including some agents) say.

And yes I would have ZERO concern regarding train noise in Keelson or even on the first building (Anchorage) if the unit was on the side opposite the tracks. But the unit I was thinking about in Brightwork would be directly facing and very close to the tracks. I’ve talked to people who face the tracks in the first building and they’ve said that it is an issue. Although when your windows are closed it’s fine.

I’m aware of the ramp solution. My point is that this solution is a compromise that falls far short of what Fares had been promising all along, until he hit a brick wall with CN and the city. It’s probably not a big issue or a deal breaker though. But an above grade crossing would have been nice.

Last edited by Takeo; Dec 30, 2020 at 6:20 PM.