View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
^ Frankly, I'd be super annoyed as Tennis is. The former design still was better. Windows are larger, and I bet it would've allowed better designed volumes and interiors.

Bah, within a few weeks, I'll post some pictures of my inner suburb on here myself, to show you guys that you're at least not alone in this struggle.

I guess it's always a comfort to be aware that you have mates facing the same kind of stupidity, or even worse somewhere in the world.
Lol.
Funnily enough I'm in your city right now wishing we could have more 6-8 floor buildings back in New Orleans. Paris does them so well in the older parts. That being said, it's funny how when you get to the outer areas that have more slightly taller "tower" like buildings with gates around them that the street is completely dead.

However I am of mixed opinion on the area in question. I think in those areas nearer the river 5-7 floors should be standard zoning so there isn't a question of density. But a lot of the "modern" designs proposed in New Orleans have been plain ugly or cheap looking. It's possible to design something attractive without being faux-historic.