View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
There is always more going on in these mega-plans than what is advertised. I have to wonder if the new roadway is being designed as a track for the Formula 1 auto race.

Also, I wonder if the invented need for a new railroad bridge becomes an excuse to add vehicular/pedestrian to its replacement. It's in line with Ellington Parkway, so this could be a way to finally unlock the capacity of that chronically underused roadway. You can, of course, cross the river from Ellington on either Jefferson or whatever the bridge is that takes you to the state capitol area, but those routes each have traffic lights. It's inevitable that the area around the Capitol Mall will be redeveloped, and every bit of increased access that can be created will help.
The area around the Capitol Mall has already been mostly redeveloped or there are plans for the remainder of the parcels with the exception of just a few now. There are only the lots around those bail bonding businesses left and the State parking lots, and we can only hope the state will develop those at some point. I think the rest of the lots around the tracks will develop regardless of what happens sooner rather than later as development is encroaching from three sides.