View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 2:04 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddifax View Post
I had asked him what the status was and he replied that they had to do a re-design at a considerable cost over the 3 foot view-plane issue and are still awaiting approval. It never ceases to amaze me the level of bureaucracy (bureaucrazy, more like it) that we have in this city. Whoever has to make the decision, I hope it is soon for Joe's sake (and ours as well).
I have a question about this (although the post was from a month ago). I assume they are waiting for the building permits from the municipal planning department(?) Because if it has been redesigned to confirm to the viewplanes bylaws then it shouldn't need an amendment. Also I think that the redesign would have to be quite substantial to require another vote in Council.

I could understand the building permits taking some time with a renovation this size. The city must have engineers and planners who will check the plans to ensure that the design meets the building code and city bylaws. Since this is such a unique job I would think that the permit approval process would be a nerve racking one for city staff.