View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 7:56 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
We, like all countries, have our challenges but frankly I think anyone who is not happy with Canada needs therapy with a healthy dose of realism.

We love to bitch about this and that but the reality is that we don't appreciate just how good we've got it. Canadians have built for themselves a remarkably progressive, peaceful, and prosperous society backed by endless and beautiful topography.

When it comes to countries in this world Canada really is the envied "one percent" and anybody who doesn't know or even accept that fact needs to do a little more travelling outside our borders.
You can tone down the rhetoric. Spend some time in the poorest neighbourhoods of Toronto to see things are more serious than how one income bracket compares to the rest of the world or is seen by the rest of the world. I really don't care about that. Canada is still a great place but, our quality of live and standard of living won't remain that way by simply brushing the growing divide between have and have nots, the unfair system that doesn't really help the most in need, etc., under the rug.

My neighbourhood is quite wealthy and, in our same district, is one of the poorest so the stats are skewed to make it all seem like its middle class. I'm finding this is purposely done as I've gotten more involved. The likely theory is the typical trickle down rationale from rich to poor. We all know that just more political rhetoric. The figures make things look a lot more rosy than they are and who doesn't like rosier figures