View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2019, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
Reading though Councillor Cleary's newsletter (here), I found this interesting piece of information:

A development permit has been granted by Planning and Development staff for 7037 Mumford Road. The permit is for a 22-storey, 120-unit residential development with commercial on the ground floor. The current zoning on the property allows for commercial and high-density residential development, so it is considered “as-of-right” development. Since this is a permitted use under the existing Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) and Land Use By-Law (LUB), no public information meeting nor public hearing are required, and the matter will not be presented to either Community Council or Regional Council.

This is the site, based on the signage for leasing inquiries I think it is owned by the Lawen's. I'm not sure As-of-Right has an expiry, so it may still be a ways off as they have lots on their plate currently.
The article in the Herald last week regarding the Dennis Building mentioned that Lawen was working on an as of right development on Mumford Road. I figured it was this site but I had no idea it was able to go to 22 storeys.