View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2009, 7:59 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
You obviously are not a born n raised Texan then if you've only seen a few people wearing cowboy hats. Its engraved in our culture & heritage. I see it all the time when UT's playing. Fort Worth proudly calls itself Cowtown. Houston has its annual Rodeo which attracts thousands of visitors.

I could go on...
Yeah, but if you have to go to the rodeo to find cowboys, then it doesn't count. It's like going to the Lamborghini dealership so you can say you saw one that day. Aren't there rodeos up north? Seriously, I've only seen maybe a handful of people wearing cowboy hats in Austin. You tend to see more women wearing them than men actually. I see a fair amount of women especially wearing them at concerts. Of course you'd be crazy not to have some sun protection if you're going to be standing in broad daylight watching a concert for 6 to 8 hours. And I'm not talking about country music either. Blues, rock, just about anything. They might be wearing cowboy hats, but that might also be a joint in their hand too.