View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
Wow. Interesting. From afar, I didn't think those beams were made out of wood. I figured they were metal. I wonder if they're going to cover it all with something or if they're just going to leave the wood all exposed like that. I'm suspecting the latter, with the metal bases surrounded with a layer of concrete. The wood looks high quality, with a nice finish. I wouldn't really like it if it's left with all those nuts and bolts showing, if they're not painted over. But I guess some people like a stripped-down, rugged look. Whatever. I'm not going to judge, until I see the finished product. I mean, it's just a suburban H-E-B, so maybe I shouldn't be too concerned with it. But it is going to be the central hub of that entire area (not just Mueller). Anyway, it's exciting. I'm looking forward to Berkman being connected all the way through. But I have a feeling they're not going to do that until they're just about done with the shopping center.
I was surprised by the wood as well - not sure if its structural or not - but it does look nice. And yes, it will indeed be every bit the amenity for Windsor Park as it is for Mueller.

As for Berkman - I saw a bunch of yellow steel there that looked suspiciously like road building equipment.