View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 16, 2011, 2:20 AM
A before E

I hate to bring up Portland, but when talking about young people and migrations of them, it is a city for that. I always joke here that it is hard to find a born and raised Portlander and that out of all my friends the ratio is about 2to5 or 1to5 for born and raised compared to the young population.

Also another factor that has been going on in Spokane, Wa this past few years is that I have noticed more young people sticking around rather than moving away to Seattle, Portland, or other larger cities in their early 20s because I think the bad economy is making it harder to want to move to another city, therefore keeping its youth culture within its city.

I imagine more cities in this country that were more known for having the youth move away to brighter bigger things have noticed more sticking around to make the most of the city they were raised in. Which for me, I think it is important to find the city you best fit in with, but I think it is good to also do your part to make your own city hip and exciting.