View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2012, 12:47 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Memphis: Unseen Grit

Edit: I've added more photos on page 2.

This thread is specifically for three historic properties in Memphis which are currently vacant and falling into disrepair; Sears Crosstown, the Old Marine Hospital, and the Goyer Lee House, which is part of the Victorian Village.

First up: Sears Crosstown. I know that Sears and Roebuck built a number of these back in the 1920's in Philadelphia, Boston, Los Angeles, and other cities that I can't remember right now. Anyways, Sears Crosstown has been vacant since the early 80's.

Sears Crosstown from Downtown:

If you have ever read the book House of Leaves, this reminded my of the Great Hall.

Downtown from the roof.

Up next is the Old Marine Hospital, which has been vacant since the early 90's. This building was featured on that ghost hunter show that was on Discovery for a while. I imagine all they found were homeless people. The basement however, was pretty creepy...pitch black and the examiner's table was still in the morgue. No picture of that though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

The nurses' house, which is located in the courtyard behind the original structure.

Inside of the old storage building also on the site.

Last, the Goyer Lee House.

I don't know what's up with the tag on the wall.

If you want some more Memphis, check these out:
The REAL MEMPHIS Beat
The REAL MEMPHIS Beat Part II

Thanks for checking these out!

Last edited by arkitekte; Jun 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM.