View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 5:55 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Proscenium Project

The other night I sent a email to the developers who are planning the Proscenium project in Sandy. As much as I love the project and the idea of highrises coming to sandy I did had some issues just like most of you guys about can Sandy really support this kind of project and that is there really enough demand out there to fill up three 30-story towers with both housing and office space. They wrote back to me today with an answer.

My email,
"Do you guys really think there will be enough demand in the market for both housing and office space to feel up three 30-story towers? It seem like it takes years for downtown Salt Lake to fill up a 20-story building yet alone three 30-story towers in Sandy. What is the time frame of the over all project?"

Their email,
"Thanks for your comment. Very careful studies are always made before tackling any major project and those studies show a tremendous increase in population along the Wasatch Front over the next 20 years. Developers must look to the future, not just the present. In the coming years there will need to be hundreds of thousands of new homes, places to work, transportation alternatives, entertainment options and infrastructure. We have to plan today, for what tomorrow will look like. At the Proscenium we are doing that."

These guys seem really sure of them selfs and I hope this project doesn't turn out to be just a pipe dream. See what happens.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976